I had the privilege this week to interview an author! Check out Kitty Berry and learn about this amazing romance novel event that her company hosts!
- What is RomantiConn? It’s a fun-filled event where authors and readers share their love of fangirling, book-boyfriends, and all things related to books and romance. RomantiConn offers a day to get away from the stress and spend time with friends. At the event, readers will find romance authors with their paperbacks for sale that they will sign and personalize. The event will also include vendors from popular companies.
RomantiConn-nect: Connecting RomantiConn Authors & Readers is a multi-blog social media push to create more exposure for the CT-based Romance Author Signing Event, RomantiConn and its participating authors. Our goal is to take over social media on Wednesday April 14th and raise awareness across many social media pages and sites.
- What is your role? I am the founder of Kitty Berry Books, LLC. which hosts the event. So, pretty much, I’m the host of RomantiConn. I also play a big role in the marketing, hence the birth of RomantiConn-nect: Connecting RomantiConn Authors & Readers.
- Are you an author and what is your favorite book you’ve written? I am an author of contemporary romance who writes love stories that never end. If I had to name just one of my books (I have 22 currently live on Amazon. My 23rd will release on 7/24/2021 at RomantiConn) as my favorite, I’d go with my current work in progress. See the next question
- Can we expect any new projects soon? My Falls Village Collection (an anthology hybrid where each book can be read alone but will be more enjoyable when read as a collection. The Falls Village Collection authors are participating RomantiConn authors. The small coastal town of Falls Village, Maine is the commonality of this collection) will be complete with the release of the final book (written by me) at RomantiConn. I am currently planning the 2022 RomantiConn Event and working on a new writing project called The Blossom Springs Series about an author and her second chance at love after a mysterious tragedy strikes.
- What can attendees expect at RomantiConn? At RomantiConn, a UNICORN Ticket will get an attendee into a luncheon with the authors! They’ll have their choice between three sandwiches (veggie, turkey, beef), a drink, chips, and a salad. It also comes with a cookie! During the one-hour lunch, they’ll be able to sit and chat with their favorite authors from the event in a low-key, informal setting prior to the event. The lunch will be from 11am-12pm. Following that, a General Admission ticket will get them into the signing from 12-4pm. This ticket will come with a tote bag (while supplies last) filled with book related goodies and swag from the signing authors. If attendees want to make a full day of the event, they can purchase a VIP ALL-ACCESS Ticket. That ticket will get them into the signing at 12pm with access until it closes at 4pm. It also includes entry into the mingle from 4:30-6:30pm. Open bar, passed hor d’oeuvres, and food stations will be available while they mingle with and get to know their favorite RomantiConn authors.
- What made you want to host RomantiConn? I attended my first signing in August of 2018 in New York City, and I was hooked. After that, I assisted my book bestie (LM Carr) at 2 other NY signings and when we left TNT, I thought to myself, I can do this! Looking back, Janine Infante Bosco made running TNT just look easy. It’s a major commitment and a ton of work. The event takes a good amount of my time each year to plan. But I wanted to create an event that offers a variety of sub-genres to allow readers to fully explore a vast array of Romance. RomantiConn is committed to bringing attendees that variety. RomantiConn also supports all authors, from best-selling, international authors to self-published authors because when I first started out, I quickly learned that obtaining a table at an event was not an easy task. I think RomantiConn does an excellent job in ensuring a table is available to authors at every level in their writing journey.
- How many Authors in total? There will be a total of 20 tables reserved for vendors. This list is subject to change
There is a total of 95 tables reserved for authors. This list is subject to change.